Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Darn Coaster


Most conversations I have with my Friend Ginny start out something like this:


ME: So what are you tatting now?


Ginny: Oh I am working on a humongous doily for the NY State Fair, or she will say Oh I am working on something horribly complicated with Beads & split rings...

(Ginny Is a Tatting Fiend I tell you!)


ME: *spitzsputters* I am not worthy!


Ginny: So is the coaster done yet?


me: what coaster? I know nothing about a coaster....



The whole coaster joke started about 2 years ago when Ginny invited Linda (another tatter from Virginia) & myself to stay with Her while we attended Hector Tatt days.


Every year The Fingerlakes Tatting group holds a mini tatting convention in April. 2006 was the first time I had ever attended a tatting convention, met with more than 2 other tatters at one time, Or made a solo trip out of state by myself. It was defiantly eye opening!


The first day of Hector, is dedicated to short classes & Ginny taught "Tatting a Variable - a Coaster with a metal center" I got the first & second rounds done in class. By then it was onto my next class. After a full day of non stop tatting I was tired Cranky & didn't want to look at any of it anymore. So when I came home, my projects got put away & that is when the inevitable questions started.....



Over the past two years my answers to Ginny's Question have changed. "I don't know where it is" "Its stashed in my sewing room I have to find it" "Are you sure I didn't leave it at your house?" & the most infamous of the past year was "I found it when I cleaned the sewing room, as soon as I get that reorganized I will finish it."


Well another year passed and another trip to Hector for their 10th anniversary...& No Coaster....


On my Christmas vacation, after completing another petal on the Beatrice Doily, I decided I needed to work on something with Color. This Morning I finished the coaster :)


here it is on botha light & dark back ground, the threads are a SZ8 Perle cotton from DMC.

3 comments:

  1. yeah, glad to hear that you FINALLY got it finished...turned out great...like the thread colors you used too. C'ya online...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, AH Music, just a meager sampling to my eclectic/eccentric tastes ;)

    ReplyDelete